Blood oranges are a beautiful citrus fruit that is often overlooked by most people. They have a deliciously sweet and tangy flavor, and they make an excellent ingredient in cocktails! In this blog post, we will reveal four blood orange cocktail recipes that you can try at home.
1. Blood Orange Margarita
Do you love margaritas? We do too. They are the perfect drink for any occasion, from celebrating a special occasion to just relaxing on a hot day. This blood orange margarita is a fantastic variation of this classic cocktail. It's refreshing, flavorful, and easy to make. Give it a try!
- 2 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 1 large blood orange, juiced)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or simple syrup, to taste
- 1 tiny drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
Salt and brown sugar rim (use all salt if you want)
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt and/or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Lime wedges
2. Blood Orange Mojito
The mojito is a Cuban classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for years. Traditionally, it is made with white rum, lime juice, sugar, mint leaves, and sparkling water. But we thought it would be fun to give the mojito a seasonal twist by using blood orange juice as well as the lime juice. The end result is a delicious and refreshing drink that will keep you feeling cool all summer long!
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce blood orange juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (aka equal parts sugar and water, warmed until combined)
- 2 ounces sparkling water (or your favorite lemon-lime soda)
- 1 ounce light rum
- Optional blood orange zest curls for garnish
3. Blood Orange Martini
Looking for a delicious and unique martini recipe? Look no further than this blood orange martini. Made with just four ingredients, it's easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) blood orange juice
- 1 ½ ounces (3 tablespoons) vodka
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) Cointreau
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters (optional)
4. Blood Orange Cosmopolitan
The cosmopolitan is one of the most popular cocktails out there. The drink has a long history and is traditionally made with vodka, triple sec or Cointreau, cranberry juice or cranberry cocktail, orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier and lime juice. It's not uncommon to see it served in a martini glass garnished with an orange slice or lemon twist. There are plenty of variations on the classic including using different liquors like gin, tequila or pomegranate-flavored vodka. Here's our winning recipe...
- 10ml Fresh Lime juice
- 2 drops Bitters
- 30ml Cranberry Juice
- 30ml Schweppes Agrum Blood Orange
If you're looking for some new recipes to try, get inspired by our list of 4 blood orange cocktail recipes. With the citrus flavor and deep red color that these cocktails offer, they are perfect for any season or occasion! These drinks are great for a night in with friends or family members after one too many hours at work. Give them all a go-you won't regret it! Which recipe did you like best?